Published: Sat, September 21, 2019
Sport | By Ruben Hill

Antonio Brown clears one legal hurdle in rape accusations

Antonio Brown clears one legal hurdle in rape accusations

New England Patriots receiver Antonio Brown will not face criminal charges stemming from an alleged sexual assault of a former trainer in Pennsylvania that the accuser has described in a pending Florida lawsuit, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Taylor claimed Brown sexually assaulted her on two separate occasions in 2017 and raped her at his Miami home in 2018. In 2018, Taylor alleges Brown forcibly had sex with her while in his hometown of Miami.

A detective contacted Britney Taylor's lawyer after her lawsuit against Brown became public last week, a source told ESPN, but since the allegation is more than two years old, there won't be an investigation.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Allegheny County district attorney told Taylor's attorney that there is a "statute of limitations issue" with the accusations that stemmed from incidents in 2017.

The person says there is a statute of limitations involved with the allegations. Brown, who was released by the Raiders last week and is now with the New England Patriots, has been accused of rape by a former trainer.

Pittsburgh-area law enforcement is not looking into an allegation of sexual assault against Antonio Brown.

In the wake of the new development, Ian Rapoport of the National Football League reports said that, "at least for the first two alleged offenses committed by Antonio Brown, there will be no criminal inquiry". This means that Taylor may of waited too late to have filed the lawsuit. ESPN's Jeff Darlington reported those discussions included a $2 million settlement offer that Brown declined. A decision on whether to place him on the exempt list likely wouldn't come before all parties, including a second woman who said Brown exposed himself to her while he was with the Steelers, are spoken to.

Like this: